Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Time for Sadie Hawkins Year

I am appalled by the number of women coming forward to share sexual harassment stories.  The numbers are incredible.  I am angered.  Evidently there are large numbers of men who use power, position, and threat of retaliation, etc. to force women into sexual activities.  Those males are wimps, one and all.  Clearly, in my humble opinion, no stable male, no reasonable male, no real male would be interested in affection that was forced or blackmailed.  I do have a hard time understanding these guys.

I have also have had a hard time from time to time reading signals from women.  Are you being nice to me because I am the boss?  Are you touching my arm a lot when we talk just out of habit?  Do you greet me with a hug all the time because we are friends?  I love for women to act as though they find me attractive.  It is a real ego boost even if we just smile at each other across the pews in church.  I don’t act on those cues. 

So it seems we might be able to solve a lot of issues if we all agree in the coming year to reverse roles.  Let’s call it Sadie Hawkins year.  If a women is interested in romance or affection it is totally up to her to initiate.  That would include dates and in the bedroom.  We guys will just sit and wait, bat our eyes or flex our biceps.  This should apply to married couples as well.  It is the year beyond women’s’ liberation, it is the year of women’s initiation!


Thank goodness we agreed to that.  I feel much more relaxed and can sit in the wings and cheer on the prosecution of the males who sexually harassed women.

No comments:

Post a Comment