Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks-Giving

It is not enough to be thankful.  I must be thanks-giving.  I look back over my life from my current perspective, ever mindful that 100 years ago Einstein told us time was one of the 4 dimensions, and I see a life stream with peaks and valleys, people I loved still here, people I loved who chose to take themselves out of my life stream, and people I loved whose life simply ended.  I am so thankful for the people I loved who are still with me on this journey.  I am blessed by your love, even if we go years without talking.  I know there is love because we resume right where we left off. I feel regret for those who chose another path, I miss them, I mourn for them, but I did not make that choice.
I am thankful that physical things are not a source of everyday concern for me.  What a gift.  I do not worry about food, shelter, clothing.  I have all I need and my Christmas list is blank.  I am so lucky.  More than that, I am thankful that it is loved ones who trigger my deepest thanks, not things.  Take my house, my car, my computer and leave me loved ones and I will continue to be full of thanks.
More, it is the loss of loved ones that has always triggered the valleys.  Never the loss of things. Guess I'm just wired like that as I see no way around it save through it, and the "through its" have about killed me.
But I am here.  I am alive.  I am thankful.  I am thanks-giving.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment