Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

One-Eyed Bob is Two!



And I wonder if vision pieces should have footnotes or eyenotes, and if notes, what key are they in?  Perhaps for me D major – too sharp.  Is the piece an eye drop?  Perhaps only if the topic is pupils and we seek to enlarge them via dilation.  So sad; I bawl.  One-eyed. 

Launched this blog two years ago.  That’s how long you have put up with this: puns, word play, insights, rants, and hypotheses composed in fragments.  (Why, if they are fragments, do we call them fragment sentences?)  I truly hope I do not drive you as crazy as I do my grammar checker.   

Happy Birthday to me.  Thank you, kind and faithful readers.  Thank you followers.  Thank you AASA.  I’m having fun having my say and playing with words.  I’ll keep it up if you will!  Uh, that’s not true.  I am driven to share what I see whether read or not.  I will remain one-eyed bob.

Thanks for looking.

9.12.13

3 comments:

  1. Music!! You sang and played the guitar at SWH - I remember! I thought you and... if I can remember, Gary Rowe, Jerry Campbell, David Schade, Pam Koska, Laurel??, were so cool. Laurel( can't remember her last name, just remember that her Dad interviewed me for a job at Spring Branch and said that I couldn't be considered because I had not made all A's... at Baylor)I could tell him that few normal humans have ever done that.
    One of my friends was told that she "couldn't be hired at the Arlington Schools because she DID have all A's."
    I was hired by the Houston schools, the Marlin schools and then Amarillo & Region16 ESC with no problem. I will never forget that first "snooty" interview with "Mr.What's his Name". Anyway, I thought you singers with guitars were so great! You guys "had it all together" - Up Up and Away, Guantanamera, I remember. Do you ever play now?
    My husband played drums in high school, college and the Army band ( kept him out of Vietnam) and then didn't play for 25 years. After we met, he started playing again. Now he is in a band with some guys he knew at school and other retired RR Engineers. It has been something he has enjoyed in his retirement, and I have fun being a groupie. They have played at some parties,but mostly just for fun.
    Another idea for retirement, maybe? Too bad you don't live in Amarillo - the band needs a lead guitar - the other one had a stroke and is having problems with the right hand...
    Just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, blow out the candles and make a wish or two. Thanks for sharing your words.

    ReplyDelete