Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Am I the Only One?


Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the President of the United States told the Vice President of the United States to not call state governors that had been mean to them?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the President of the United States is accusing states of requesting more supplies than they need?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the President of the United States has implied hospital medical staff have been stealing medical supplies?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the President of the United States and others of his ilk have recommended that people return to work knowing they are risking their lives?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the only numbers the President of the United States seems to be interested in is the number of viewers who are watching his coronavirus broadcasts?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the President of the United States wants to have his signature on all the individual stimulus checks?

Am I the only one who feels shame that one of the richest nations on the planet and a medical mecca has responded so poorly to the virus that we are now number 1 in the world for the number of infected people and the numbers of infections and deaths are growing still?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the man who told California they could reduce forest fires by raking the forests, and the man who told the Roman fire department that they should have water bombed Notre Dame, and the man that suggested we drop nukes on hurricanes, and the man that believes a snowstorm is an indicator that we do not have global warming, and the man who announced that the coronavirus was a Democratic hoax, was under control, would be cured by a miracle, and would be gone when the weather turned warm is the President of the United States and responsible for our nation’s response to a health emergency?

If I am the only one I am very sad.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone, but I can’t see how that makes us any less sad. It is unbelievable that everyone knows those things to be true yet 49% say he is doing a satisfactory job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing there are others with similar thoughts is a real comfort. Thank you. And I agree. It is all still very sad.

      Delete