Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Update 09.06.2018


If I got mad at Molson Coors Brewing Company I might write them a letter, post something mean on Facebook, use social media to organize a boycott, etc.  What I would not do is take my Miller Lites out of my fridge and pour them down the drain.  That hurts no one but me since I have already purchased the beer.  It reveals that I am stupid.  So, go ahead, those of you who do not understand the issue surrounding the NFL kneelers, do not understand the freedom to peacefully protest, do not understand the American hero Kaepernick truly is, go ahead and burn your Nikes.  You confirm what I have always suspected about you.  If you think the flag and the anthem is America and you think burning your own shoes makes a point then you are less than bright.

In the cuckoo’s nest the sane person must remain under cover and anonymous to both survive and provide contact with reality.  The anonymous author of today’s New York Times op ed is no coward.  A coward would have quit.  A coward would have buckled to the craziness.  A person that loves America would try to get word out from behind the lines to the rest of us.  To the author I say Dilly Dilly and buy yourself a pair of Nikes in case you are caught and must make a hasty retreat.  I appreciate you.

To those of you who through some magical, irrational act have convinced yourself that Kavanaugh is the best candidate for a lifetime appointment on the SCOTUS I say you are out of your minds.  If you have to keep his documents secret so we citizens won’t know the truth about him you violate the oath that put you in your chair in the first place.  If you are supporting him because he will take us back to the 1950’s then it is clear you have no business governing in this century.  If you confirm him you are cementing your own future.  He is not worth it.

And if Donald Trump is who he thinks he is, that is a great American hero sent to save us, brilliant, articulate, and stable man, then he would resign immediately based on what has been revealed this week and before knowing that the world now sees him as a buffoon, a danger, and a source if chaos.  The fact that he hangs on and lashes out is evidence that he is not great,he is as we now see him, and he must be removed.  If God chose Donald Trump then he must have done so to wake up the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent--concise, rational, and biting as hell! Love it! Have you seen the Nike ad? I posted it earlier today. Moved me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeanne. Yes. I love the Nike ad. Idiots around here are burning shoes.

    ReplyDelete